Foundation Course All days start at 9.00am and finish at 5.00pm.
Saturday and Sunday 26-27 January 2019 and Saturday 2 February 2019 for examination
If you wish to take the Foundation course, please complete the form below and email email@example.com
What is the ‘Foundation Licence’?
- Gives Fast Track access to an Amateur Radio operating licence.
- Able to operate using commercial equipment upto a power output level of 10 watts
- Foundation Licence syllabus has been set by OFCOM in conjuction with an advisory group consisting of members of the IEE. The Association of Science Educators and the Radio Society of Great Britain.
In order to make the course cost effective, we will require a minimum of six candidates. The cost of the course is £50. This includes the RSGB Examination Fee.
Please apply to the Courses Secretary for a application form, and when you been approved you will be asked for the full amount of £50.00, before you can reserve a place on this course. Note our courses are very popular so please book early as the courses take lot of time to prepare.
The course is held over three days. Saturday and Sunday then Saturday or Sunday the following week. The first weekend is Theory and Practicals whilst the following weekend (one day only) is a revision and mock exam in the morning followed by the RSGB exam in the afternoon. Stockport Radio Society will endeavourer to hold two courses per year. (Subject to sufficient candidates)
Where and What time are the held?
The venue is SRS Headquarters Walthew House 112 Shaw Heath Stockport SK2 6QS. Courses start at 9am until 5pm each day with short breaks am & pm with 45 minutes for lunch.
Please email : firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in enrolling on the foundation course, or for further information.
For further information about the RSGB Foundation Courses go to – http://rsgb.org/main/clubs-training/for-students/foundation.
- All enquiries are answered within a reasonable timescle
- Enquiries can be answered by deputation if necessary
- Forward planning of future courses
- Improvements to the provision of Courses information on our website